Hello Daniel,

I tested this Restful API over the weekend and liked it very much. Before I can approach my company to pay for the Premium Support I need to see if we can get around one hurdle.
I need to be able to return all records in one API call. Right now it is limited to either 20 or 50 records with paging. I changed the constants file to a very high number but restifydb starts processing but never completes the return of records. I will be using this API for clients to retrieve their entire recordset at one time. The recordset can reach up to 10,000 records. I have gzip and deflate on but does not seem to help. I have tried another Restful API that returns all records and very quickly but I like yours much better and I know it would be supported going forward. I also tried Dreamfactory but that is overkill for what I need.
Also from the Admin section when reading the database schema to cache the Admin section is unable to complete. This is a very large database with many tables. On a smaller scale no problem. I can live with this as I have moved my table to it's own database container. Any suggestions on this for large databases.

Thank You,
Steve

Hello Daniel, I tested this Restful API over the weekend and liked it very much. Before I can approach my company to pay for the Premium Support I need to see if we can get around one hurdle. I need to be able to return all records in one API call. Right now it is limited to either 20 or 50 records with paging. I changed the constants file to a very high number but restifydb starts processing but never completes the return of records. I will be using this API for clients to retrieve their entire recordset at one time. The recordset can reach up to 10,000 records. I have gzip and deflate on but does not seem to help. I have tried another Restful API that returns all records and very quickly but I like yours much better and I know it would be supported going forward. I also tried Dreamfactory but that is overkill for what I need. Also from the Admin section when reading the database schema to cache the Admin section is unable to complete. This is a very large database with many tables. On a smaller scale no problem. I can live with this as I have moved my table to it's own database container. Any suggestions on this for large databases. Thank You, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for trying restifydb!

Well, the thing you are trying to achieve is a bit tricky. First of all, I think it defies the sole purpose of REST webservices (fetching all data at once). The problem here might be some bad design on the calling party.

Anyways, you can try the following in order to improve the speed of the output:

• disable query expansion. Please refer to the "Query expansion" chapter in restifydb documentation .
  • I would also try to fetch only the fields that you really need. Please refer to the above URL.

A GET request as the one described above might look like this:

GET /api/countrylicious/countries?_fields=name,capital&_expand=no

Regarding the speed issues, yes, I know that processing large amounts of data is something that still needs work. As for reading the DB schema, I have tried this with DBs with hundreds of tables and views. Maybe you could provide additional details on this and we can figure it out together...

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to write! I promise I will reply sooner! smile

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Steve, Thanks for trying restifydb! Well, the thing you are trying to achieve is a bit tricky. First of all, I think it defies the sole purpose of REST webservices (fetching all data at once). The problem here might be some bad design on the calling party. Anyways, you can try the following in order to improve the speed of the output: - disable query expansion. Please refer to the "Query expansion" chapter in [restifydb documentation](https://restifydb.com/api/documentation/#read "restifydb documentation") . - I would also try to fetch only the fields that you really need. Please refer to the above URL. A GET request as the one described above might look like this: ```` GET /api/countrylicious/countries?_fields=name,capital&_expand=no ```` Regarding the speed issues, yes, I know that processing large amounts of data is something that still needs work. As for reading the DB schema, I have tried this with DBs with hundreds of tables and views. Maybe you could provide additional details on this and we can figure it out together... If you have other questions, don't hesitate to write! I promise I will reply sooner! :) Best regards, Daniel
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?